Hare Lehsun ki Dal ( Weight Loss After Pregnancy )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 34 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14679 times
Hare lehsun ki dal, a mildly spiced dal, which goes well with rice, it is tasty, flavourful, healthy and nutritious. Replacing the traditional tempering of loads of ghee with a little oil makes it ideal for your weight loss menu.
- Clean, wash and soak the dal in enough water for 15 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Add the turmeric powder, salt and 3 cups of water, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles or till the dal is done.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Remove, whisk well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the red chillies, ginger-green chilli paste, asafoetida and green garlic, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and sauté on a medium flame till the oil separates form the mixture.
- Add the dal and ½ cup of water and bring to boil. Serve hot garnished with the chopped coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 151 calories|
|Protein|| 9.3 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 24.1 gm|
|Fat|| 2.0 gm|
|Vitamin A|| 203.4 mcg|
|Fibre|| 0.7 gm|
|Folic acid|| 45.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.