Hare Chana Ki Kari with Methi Muthia
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 170 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 63757 times
When fresh chanas are not available in season, you can use dry chanas. Soak and boil before using.
- Boil the chana ( or the moong sprouts). For boiling the chana, add a pinch of soda bi-carb.
- Scrape out the coconut meat, add 2 cups of water and blend in a blender. Strain the coconut milk.
- Heat the oil and fry the onion for 1 minute. Add the paste and fry for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the chana or the sprouts.
- Mix the cornflour in the coconut milk, add salt and add to the chana mixture.
- Mix all the ingredients for the methi muthias including the hot oil. Shape into small balls and deep fry in oil on a slow flame.
- Add these balls to the curry.
- Serve hot decorated with fresh coriander.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.