Hara Bhara Tikki Roll ( Wraps and Rolls)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 53 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22536 times
Roll up your sleeves and dig into these delectable hara bhara tikkis rolled up with a pahadi marinade. The minty flavour of the marinade combined with the spicy shallow-fried tikkis makes it a truly enjoyable snack. What is more, lettuce and spinach contribute a significant dose of vitamin a and iron to this tasty roll.
- Combine the spinach, green peas, chana dal, ginger, garlic and green chillies and blend in a mixer to a coarse paste without using any water.
- Transfer the paste to a bowl, add the paneer, chaat masala, garam masala and salt and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions, shape each portion into a 50 mm (2”) oval flat tikki and roll in breadcrumbs till they coat the roll evenly from all sides.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each tikki on a medium flame using ¼ tsp of oil till the tikkis are light brown in colour from both the sides. Keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients, except the cornflour and cream, and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste, without using water.
- Add the cornflour and cream, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the carrots, onion slices and chaat masala in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Place a roti on a clean dry surface and arrange ½ cup of lettuce in a single row in the centre on the roti.
- Place 2 hara bhara tikkis and arrange ¼th of the carrot-onion mixture over it.
- Finally spread ¼th of the pahadi marinade over it and roll it up tightly.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more rolls.
- Wrap a tissue paper around each roll and serve immediately.
- 1. To get 1 cup of cooked chana dal, soak ½ cup of chana dal overnight, pressure cook it till done and drain well. Drain again and use as per the recipe.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.