Hara Bhara Subz Pulao
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 63 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 33979 times
A medley of veggies add colour and flavour to this hot and spicy dish. Brown rice is a storehouse of various nutrients like carbohydrates, protein, vitamin a, iron etc. And when combined with veggies it makes a wholesome fibre rich meal. I am sure you will not miss the traditional fat-laden vegetable pulao once you taste this delicacy.
- Combine all the ingredients and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste using a little water. Keep aside.
- Heat a pressure cooker on a high flame till it is hot.
- Add the cloves, cinnamon, cardamom and bayleaves and dry roast on a slow flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and dry roast on a slow flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the potatoes, green peas, cauliflower, green paste, brown rice and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add 3 cups of hot water, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
| 130 calories|| 4.2 gm|| 24.3 gm|| 1.8 gm|| 1.6 gm|| 1.7 mg|| 973.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.