Hara Bhara Subz Pulao
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 86 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 49112 times
A medley of veggies add colour and flavour to this hot and spicy dish. Brown rice is a storehouse of various nutrients like carbohydrates, protein, vitamin A and iron, and when combined with fibre-rich veggies and a herby green paste, it makes a wholesome and delicious treat. When you have tried this zero-oil, nutrient-dense Hara Bhara Subz Pulao, you will not yearn for the traditional, fat-laden dish any more. Serve with Palak Kadhi and Papad ki Churi .
Add your private note
Hara Bhara Subz Pulao recipe - How to make Hara Bhara Subz Pulao
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 servings
- Combine all the ingredients and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste using a little water. Keep aside.
- Heat a pressure cooker on a high flame till it is hot.
- Add the cloves, cinnamon, cardamom and bayleaves and dry roast on a slow flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and dry roast on a slow flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the potatoes, green peas, cauliflower, green paste, brown rice and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add 3 cups of hot water, mix well and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 130 calories|
|Protein|| 4.2 gm|
|Carbohydrate|| 24.3 gm|
|Fat|| 1.8 gm|
|Fibre|| 1.6 gm|
|Iron|| 1.7 mg|
|Vitamin A|| 973.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.