Hara Bhara Subz Pulao ( Pressure Cooker )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 229 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 65672 times
Hara bhara subz pulao, it gets its name from delicately flavoured green paste. Pressure cooking allows the absorption of intricate flavours of the paste, resulting in a uniformly charming taste throughout the dish.
- Clean, wash and soak the rice in enough water for atleast 10 to 15 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pressure cooker, add the cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and bayleaves and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions, cauliflower, peas, potatoes, rice, the prepared paste and salt, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for another minute.
- Add 3 cups of hot water, mix well and pressure cook on a high flame for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape using automatic/ natural release method, (refer handy tip ) before opening the lid. Serve hot garnished with coriander.
- Natural release method: to use this method, remove the pressure cooker from the hot burner and let the pressure drop by cooling down naturally. It works best for grains and for beans that you might use for salads, as quick-releasing the pressure can cause the beans to split apart.
- Automatic release method: turn the pressure selector dial on the lid to the release position and the steam will release.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.