Hara Bhara Burger ( Burgers and Smoothies Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 28 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11665 times
Tangy, spicy, tempting… name it and you’ll get it in this super-duper hara bhara burger! the popular hara bhara cutlet, usually served as a starter, is combined with marinated paneer and onion rings to make a delectable burger. Regular fries perked up with chilli powder and garlic makes a great accompaniment for this burger, while the green chutney adds a minty touch.
- Clean, wash and soak the chana dal for 1 hour. Drain well.
- Add the ginger, garlic, green chillies and ¾ cup of water and pressure cook for 3 whistles or until the dal is cooked. Drain and discard any excess water. Cool slightly and keep aside.
- Combine the spinach, green peas and cooked dal mixture and blend in a mixer to a coarse paste without using any water.
- Transfer the paste into a bowl, add the paneer, potatoes, chaat masala, garam masala, half the bread crumbs and salt and mix well.
- Divide it into 4 equal portions and shape each portion into a circle of 75 mm. (3”) diameter and 1 cm thickness.
- Dip each cutlet in the plain flour mixture and roll in the remaining bread crumbs till it is evenly coated from all the sides.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry each cutlet till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients, except the cream and blend in a blender to a smooth paste.
- Transfer it into a bowl, add the cream and mix well. Keep aside.
- Combine the mayonnaise and 5 tbsp of the green chutney in a bowl and mix well. Keep the green mayonnaise aside.
- Combine the paneer slices, onion rings and the remaining 5 tbsp of the prepared green chutney in another bowl and toss gently. Keep aside to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the marinated paneer and onions and sauté gently on a medium flame for 5 minutes or till the paneer pieces turn light brown in colour from all the sides. Keep aside.
- Cut each burger bun horizontally into two. Apply ½ tsp of butter on the insides of each half of the burger bun and toast them lightly on a tava (griddle). Keep aside.
- Apply 1 tbsp of the green mayonnaise on buttered side of all the bun halves.
- Place a lower half of a bun on a clean, dry surface with the buttered–green mayonnaise side facing up.
- Place a cutlet and 1 cheese slice over it.
- Again apply 1 tbsp of the green mayonnaise, place 3 sautéed paneer slices and 3 marinated onion rings and cover with an upper half of the bun with the buttered–green mayonnaise side facing down and press it lightly.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more burgers.
- Serve immediately with chilli garlic fries.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.