Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28462 times
This dish is famous in the khambat area of Gujarat.
- Heat 1 1/2 tsp ghee in a broad pan, and add the wheat powder and saute till it turns pink and keep aside.
- In an another kadhai, add the sugar and 1/2 tsp ghee and fry till sugar caramelizes and keep aside.
- In a deep pan, heat the milk to a boil and add the edible gum and allow the milk to curdle.
- Add the sauteed wheat powder and caramelized sugar while stirring continuously .
- Remove from the flame and add the cardamom powder, mace powder,nutmeg powder and saffron and mix well.
- Make balls of this and roll on badam slivers and serve.
This recipe was contributed by Radha Hoizal on 23 May 2011Me an avid vegetarian.Born in Gujarath(Ahmedabad)to an orthodox kannada brahmin couple.Now settled i...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.