Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 5345 times
Gunda keri or traditional Gujarati aam ka achar is a sweet and tangy pickle or achar recipe with unripe mangoes mixed with an array of spices, jaggery and ingredients in sesame oil. Find many easy to prepare achar recipe, mango pickle recipes at tarladalal.com
- Destalk the gundas. lightly crush the gundas using a pestle.
- Remove the inside seeds using a sharp knife. since a sticky substance surrounds the seeds, it is advisable to dip the tip of the knife in the sea salt and then remove the gunda seeds.
- In a sterilised glass jar, spread half of the stuffing mixture on the base of the jar.
- Stuff each gunda with ½ teaspoon of the stuffing mixture and place it inside the glass jar.
- Spread the remaining stuffing on top of the gundas.
- Press the gunda down in the jar with the back of a spoon so that the oil completely covers the pickle.
- The gundas should be kept completely covered with oil because oil acts as a preservative and enables the pickle to be stored for upto a year.
- The pickle will be ready to eat after 3 to 4 days.
This recipe was contributed by shah_seema on 23 Apr 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.