by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 83% LIKED IT
5 GOOD - 1 BAD
Added to 1314 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 323942 times
Kadhi is a traditional gujarati preparation of a wonderful sweet and spicy curd mixture thickened with gram flour, which can be enhanced in many ways using other ingredients like pakoras and koftas. Remember never to boil the kadhi on a high flame as it tends to curdle. Gujarati kadhi goes very well with khichdi.
- Combine the besan, curds and 2 1/2 cups of water in a deep pan and whisk well.
- Add the ginger-green chilli paste, sugar and salt, mix well and bring it to boil, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a small pan and add the cumin and mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, curry leaves and red chillies and stir for 15 seconds.
- Pour the tempering over the kadhi and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.