Grilled Corn and Capsicum Sandwich
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 346 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 86993 times
Every bite of this sandwich features an outburst of colour, crunch and flavour. An apt combination of juicy sweet corn and crispy spicy capsicum, this sandwich has a very balanced flavour, further enhanced with naturally pungent ingredients like green chillies, onion and garlic. Serve the Grilled Corn and Capsicum Sandwich fresh off the griller with tomato ketchup.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-sick pan, add the onions, garlic and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the capsicum, sweet corn, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and allow it to cool completely. Keep aside.
- Place a bread slice on a clean, dry surface, put a portion of the mixture evenly over it and sandwich it with a buttered side facing downwards.
- Place the sandwich in a griller, apply little butter on top of the sandwich and grill it in a sandwich griller till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 to make 3 more sandwiches.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.