Grilled Cheese and Vegetable Soup
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 239 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10107 times
A spicy and filling soup for cold days.
- Cut the tomatoes into big pieces, add 5 teacups of water and put to cook. When cooked, blend in a liquidiser and strain.
- Heat the oil and fry the bay leaf for a few seconds.
- Add the cabbage and carrots and fry again for 1 minute. Add the tomato puree.
- Mix the cornflour in a little cold water and add to the soup.
- Add the masala bag and salt and boil for 20 minutes.
- Add the beans, tomato, sugar and pepper and give one boil.
- Remove the masala bag and pour the soup into a big bowl.
- Sprinkle the cheese and put below the grill for 5 minutes until the cheese melts.
- Serve hot with toast.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.