Green Tomato Pappu
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12280 times
Green tomato pappu presents an exciting combination of lentils like tuar dal with tomatoes and green chillies. A lentil recipe, the tomato pappu is spiced up with garlic, chilli paste and then enjoyed tempered with grated coconut, chopped coriander leaves and mustard seeds.
Add your private note
Green Tomato Pappu recipe - How to make Green Tomato Pappu
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:
- Chop the tomatoes into quarters.
- Wash and pressure cook toor dhal with chopped tomatoes, green chillies, turmeric powder and 3 cups of water.
- Mash the dal, green chillies & tomatoes, add salt.
- For seasoning, heat oil, add mustard seeds, curry leaves, broken red chilli, garlic flakes, asfoetida and add it to the dal.
- Cook on a slow flame for few minutes.
- If the tomatoes are not sour, you can add little tamarind.
This recipe was contributed by harithab on 28 Mar 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.