Green Tandarjo Muthia and Tomato Curry
Added to 34 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6041 times
Green tandarjo Muthia and tomato curry is a Gujarati Jain vegetable recipe with the steamed green muthias simmered in a tangy and spicy tomato curry. The methi and tandarjo are chopped and added to the Muthia dough and then relished with tomato curry and rice.
- Wash and finely chop tandarjo and methi.
- Add flour, oil, salt, green chilli, turmeric powder.
- Mix it well, knead to very soft dough.
- Add water if required.
- Apply some oil in your hands so you can make 2” long cylindrical rolls.
- Add water if needed.
- Steam for 35-40 minutes in steamer.
- Tomato curry
- Heat the oil; add asafoetida, mustard seeds, chilli powder and tomatoes.
- Stir well.
- Add jaggery, salt, dhanjira powder, turmeric powder.
- Add water.
- Cook at medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Once the curry is ready dip all the muthia in tomato curry and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve steaming muthia with tomato curry.
This recipe was contributed by dristie on 28 Apr 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.