Green Peas and Mint Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 27 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11965 times
A rich, pale-green coloured soup made with green peas and enhanced by a touch of mint, this versatile soup can be served chilled in summer and hot in winter. Its high fibre content helps prevent obesity, controls blood sugar levels and reduce blood cholesterol levels.
- Heat a non-stick pan and when hot, add the onions and dry roast for a few minutes till they turn brown.
- Add the garlic and dry roast for 3 to 4 more minutes
- Add the peas along with 4 cups of water and salt and bring it to boil.
- Simmer for 15 minutes till the peas are cooked.
- Cool and purée in a mixer till smooth.
- Reheat and add the salt and pepper.
- Serve hot topped with mint and carrots.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.