Green Peas and Mint Soup ( Soup Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 22 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14688 times
This versatile, pale-green coloured soup can be served chilled in summer and hot in winter. The tinge of mint adds class to this otherwise simple soup. This easy-to-make soup is an apt choice to satisfy sudden hunger pangs between meals.
- Heat the butter in a non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for a few minutes.
- Add the green peas, 1 1/2 cups of water and salt and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 15 minutes or till the peas are cooked.
- Cool and blend in a mixer to a smooth purée and keep aside.
- Combine 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup of milk in a broad non-stick pan, add the prepared green pea purée, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the pepper, mint leaves, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with mint leaves.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.