Green Peas Paratha
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 86 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 79589 times
A mildly spiced and satiating breakfast and main course that helps keep acidity at bay.
- Sieve both the flours with the salt.
- Combine the flours and ghee and knead to make a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan and add the cumin seeds and fry till they crackle.
- Add the green chillies and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the mashed peas and salt and mix well.
- Cool completely and divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Roll out one portion of the dough into a circle of 75 mm. (3") diameter using flour for rolling.
- Place one portion of the stuffing in the centre of the circle.
- Bring together all the sides in the centre and seal tightly.
- Roll out again into a circle of 150 mm. (6") in diameter, using flour for rolling.
- Heat non-stick pan and cook each paratha, until both sides are golden brown using ¼ teaspoon of oil.
- Repeat with the remaining dough and stuffing to make 3 more parathas.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.