Green Peas Panki
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 13 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11314 times
Were you thinking that traditional foods can be made only with kadhais and tavas? pankis can be made quite swiftly in the Microwave too. Here is how! but, ensure you spread the batter very thinly for fine results.
- Cut the banana leaves into circles using a 75 mm. (3") diameter cookie cutter.
- Apply a little oil on one side of each banana leaf and keep aside.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients, except the fruit salt, along with approx. . ¾ cup of water in a bowl and mix well to make a batter of pouring consistency.
- Add the fruit salt and 2 tsp of water over it.
- When the bubbles form, mix gently.
- Put 1 tbsp of the batter on the greased side of a banana leaf and spread it evenly to make a thin layer.
- Cover with another banana leaf with the greased side facing downwards.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 to make 5 more pankis.
- Place 6 pankis at a time in a microwave-safe dish and microwave on high for 1 minute 20 seconds or till cooked.
- Repeat with the remaining batter and banana leaves to make 12 more pankis in 2 more batches.
- Serve immediately with green chutney.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.