Green Peas Panki ( Microwave Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10036 times
Were you thinking that traditional foods can be made only with kadhais and tavas? pankis can be made quite swiftly in the microwave too. Here is how! but, ensure you spread the batter very thinly for fine results.
- Cut the banana leaves into circles using a 75 mm. (3") diameter cookie cutter.
- Apply a little oil on one side of each banana leaf and keep aside.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients, except the fruit salt, along with ¾ cup of water in a bowl and mix well to make a batter of pouring consistency. Keep aside.
- Just before serving, add the fruit salt and 2 tsp of water over it.
- When the bubbles form, mix gently.
- Put 2 tbsp of the batter on the greased side of a banana leaf and spread it evenly to make a thin layer.
- Cover with another banana leaf with the greased side over the batter.
- Place 5 such pankis at a time in a microwave-safe dish and microwave on high for 1 minute 20 seconds or till well cooked.
- Repeat the same procedure to make 5 more pankis in another batch.
- Serve immediately with green chutney.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.