Green Peas Pancakes
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 123 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 32602 times
These green peas pancakes are quite an interesting alternative to the traditional south indian uttapa, which is commonly had for breakfast. This tasty snack has a high folic acid and fibre content, making it very nutritious. Plus, it is also easy to make without the need for any fermentation. Always keep some fruit salt handy for such quick-fix delights.
- Grind the green peas in a blender to a coarse paste, using very little water.
- Transfer the paste to a bowl, add the rice flour, besan, turmeric powder, green chillies, salt and 1¼ cup water and mix well to make a batter of pouring consistency.
- Just before making the pancakes, add the fruit salt and mix gently.
- Heat a tava (griddle) and grease it lightly with oil.
- Pour a small spoonful of the batter on the tava and spread it to make a 50mm (2”) diameter circle.
- Sprinkle a little paneer, carrots and tomatoes over it and smear a little oil along the edges of the pancake.
- When cooked on one side, turn it over and cook on the other side for a few seconds.
- Repeat for the remaining batter and topping to make more mini pancakes.
- Serve hot.
- You can make 6 to 7 pancakes at a time.
Nutrient values per pancake
|Energy||Protein||CHO||Fat||Vitamin A||Fibre||Folic Acid|
| 25 kcal|| 1.3 gm|| 4.0 gm|| 0.2 gm|| 77.8 mcg|| 0.2 gm|| 3.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.