Green Peas Dhokla ( Microwave Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 341 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 32956 times
Easy and delicious dhoklas that are made nutritious with the addition of green peas. Serve them with green chutney to make a sumptuous breakfast.
- Purée the green peas to a smooth paste using very little water.
- Add all the other ingredients to the green pea paste and mix well. Add a little water, if required to get a dropping consistency.
- Pour into a 150 mm. (6") diameter and 25 mm. (1") high greased microwave safe dish with a lid and microwave on high for 3 minutes covered.
- Remove and let it stand for 2 minutes.
- Combine the oil and the mustard seeds in a small microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the green chillies and asafoetida and microwave on high for 1 more minute.
- Remove from the microwave and add 1 tablespoon of water.
- Pour the tempering over the dhoklas and cut into square pieces.
- Garnish with the chopped coriander and grated coconut and serve hot with green chutney.
- VARIATION : PALAK METHI DHOKLA
- Replace the peas with ¼ cup of chopped palak and ¼ cup of chopped methi leaves and proceed as per the above recipe.
- Always use your hands while mixing the batter to break lumps of the besan, sugar and citric acid crystals.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.