Green Pea Parathas
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 145 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 41259 times
Parathas are sustaining and wholesome. Puréed green peas are combined with whole wheat flour to make this delicious paratha dough. Both whole wheat flour and green peas are rich in fibre which aids in controlling the blood sugar levels. Each paratha being cooked in ¼ teaspoon of oil is absolutely healthy for diabetics, as well as the whole family. These parathas taste best when they are served as soon as they are prepared.
- Purée the green peas into a smooth paste in a blender.
- Combine all the ingredients and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal portions
- Roll out each portion into a 125 mm. (5") diameter circle with the help of a little flour to roll the paratha.
- Cook each paratha on a non-stick pan until both sides are golden brown, using a little oil.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.