by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 152 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6207 times
Hailing from the historic Dauphiné region in south-east France, Gratin Dauphinoise is a traditional French dish made with potatoes and cream. The best part is that this exotic dish can be prepared quite easily. You just need potato slices, fresh cream and everyday taste-makers to start with. Slices of potatoes are layered with cream, herbs and spices, and baked in a pre-heated oven till the flavours mingle together to create an unforgettable experience for the diner!
- Grease a 150 mm. (6”) diameter baking dish with butter.
- Arrange the potato slices at the bottom. Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over it.
- Pour ¼ cup of fresh cream, ¼ tsp dry red chilli flakes, ¼ tsp dry oregano, ½ tsp finely chopped garlic and finally 2 tbsp grated processed cheese evenly over it.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make 2 more layers.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 to 12 minutes or microwave on high for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.