Grated Amla Murabba
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 43 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 58126 times
Grated amla murabba or "amla ke chheel ka murabba" as its known, is a sweet amla preserve flavoured with saffron and cardamom. When buying amlas, look for fruits that are green and have a bright, smooth and unblemished skin. The fruit tastes acidic and leaves the teeth tingling if bitten into. This recipe will make a small quantity of murabba. You can multiply the quantities if you wish to make more. Enjoy this preserve with hot parathas and a spicy vegetable.
- Grate the amlas, discard the seeds and keep aside.
- Dissolve the sugar in 1½ cups of water.
- Add the grated amlas to the syrup and cook over a very slow flame till the amlas are cooked and the syrup is thick (one string consistency).
- Add the saffron and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Cool completely and bottle in a sterilised glass jar.
- This murabba can be stored for upto 1 year.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.