Grapes, Strawberries, Bananas and Pineapple in Orange Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 90 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 13910 times
Fruit medley in orange sauce: a tangy sauce made of caramelised sugar, orange and lemon juices plays host to a selection of fruits such as grapes, strawberries, banana and pineapple. A lacing of brandy before setting the mixture alight sets this apart as a dessert par excellence for an adult gathering. You can skip the brandy though if you are not into it.
- Combine the sugar and 3 tbsp of water in a broad non-stick pan and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes or till the mixture turns light brown in colour, do not stir with a spoon, just gently rotate the pan occasionally.
- Add the orange juice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes or till the sugar melts.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Add all the fruits, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- Just before serving, pour the brandy into a large spoon and warm it on a direct flame. Set alight and pour it over the fruits- orange mixture.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.