Golpapdi ( Baby and Toddler Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 233 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24360 times
One of my family favourites, this is a traditional gujarati sweet dish which has been a hit with babies not only while they were teething but even in later years. Every winter, i still make and store a large batch of golpapdi and usually everyone has one piece in the morning with their breakfast. It is full of energy, carbohydrates, calcium and iron. The ghee provides large amounts of vitamin a.
- Sprinkle the poppy seeds on a 150 mm. (6") diameter greased thali. Keep aside.
- Melt the ghee in a frying pan and add the wheat flour, stirring continuously till it turns golden brown in colour.
- Remove from the flame and add the jaggery, cardamom powder and coconut. Stir well.
- When the jaggery melts and the mixture is still warm, pour it into the greased thali with poppy seeds and spread it evenly with the help of the base of a small bowl (katori).
- Cut into diamond shapes while still warm.
- Store in an air-tight container when cool.
Nutrient values per piece
| 12 gm|| 62 kcal|| 0.6 gm|| 7.7 gm|| 3.2 gm|| 29.4 mcg|| 0.0 mg|| 7.9 mg|| 0.4 mg|| 1.6 mcg|| 0.1 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.