Golden Fig and Date Kheer
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5446 times
A rice kheer made special by addition of figs and dates. It is served cold, garnished with almonds and pistachios. If you want you can even serve it hot.
- Wash and soak the rice for ½ an hour.
- Put the milk in a heavy bottomed pan and allow to cool.
- Add the drained rice and cook for 10 minutes on a low flame.
- Now add the figs ,dates and saffron and cook till they are thick and creamy, stirring once in a while.
- Add honey and remove from fire.
- Sprinkle cardamom powder and nuts and refrigerate.
- Serve cold.
This recipe was contributed by lats on 08 Sep 2012
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.