Added to 474 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22467 times
A wheat flour sweet which is easy to prepare.
- Sprinkle the poppy seeds on a 100 mm. (4") diameter greased thali. Keep aside.
- Combine the ghee and wheat flour in a glass bowl and microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes 30 seconds, till it turns golden brown in colour. Mix well.
- Remove from the microwave and add the jaggery and cardamom powder while the mixture is hot. Stir well till the jaggery melts.
- Pour the mixture into the greased thali with poppy seeds while still warm and spread it evenly with the help of the base of a small bowl (katori).
- Cut into diamond shapes while still warm.
- Store in an air-tight container when cool.
- You can add 1 tablespoon of milk along with the jaggery if the mixture becomes too hard.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.