4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 63826 times
An awesome treat for a festive table, the gobhi mussallam are easy to prepare and quite eye appealing. The cauliflower (gobhi) florets are cooked with spicy onion-tomato paste to a delicious finish.
- Boil the florets in the salted water with 1 teaspoon turmeric powder till half cooked. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the grated onions and sauté until golden brown in colour.
- Add the ginger paste, garlic paste, cumin seeds powder, coriander seeds powder, remaining turmeric powder, garam masala, chilli powder and salt, stir for half a minute.
- Add the tomato puree and cook till fat leaves the masala.
- Add melon seeds paste dissolved in 1 cup of water, mix well and bring it to a boil.
- Add half cooked cauliflower and cook on dum for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot and garnished with chopped coriander.
This recipe was contributed by pragatimittal on 22 Dec 2010
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.