Glace Icing Petit Fours
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 228 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24265 times
Dainty sponge cake squares sandwiched with jam and coated with glace icing are a sure hit at all tea parties.
- Sandwich the slices of the cake in 2 layers using the jam to make 2 sandwiches.
- Cut out squares or circles of these and place them on a metal cooling rack.
- Mix together all the ingredients for the icing in a bowl and keep aside.
- Pour the melted chocolate into a piping bag and keep aside.
- Using a tablespoon, pour the glace icing onto each individual sponge sandwich so that the icing coats all sides evenly.
- Pipe out a design or drizzle the chocolate over the icing.
- Allow to set for at least 20 to 30 minutes.
- Using a palette knife, carefully lift out each one and trim off any excess icing.
- Place on a serving platter and serve at room temperature.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.