This recipe has been viewed 11466 times
A dessert extravaganza, Gil-e-firdaus is truly an amazing sweet dish with white pumpkins cooked with thickened milk, sugar and then served garnished with elaichi and chopped dried fruits.
- Pick, wash and soak rice for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Peel, wash and grate the pumpkin. in a pan boil water and add the pumpkin cook till soft, drain and keep aside.
- In a cooking pot add ghee, add the soaked rice and saute for a few seconds.
- Add in the milk and bring to boil. cook till soft.
- With the back of a laddle mash the rice, add in the pumpkin and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add in the khoya, sugar and cook till the mixture coats the back of a spoon. add rose essence.
- Remove from fire, add in the chopped pineapples and stir.
- Pour in individual serving bowls, and cool.
- Top with sliced almonds, rose petals and glaced cherries.
- Serve chilled.
This recipe was contributed by kams_ on 23 May 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.