Geela Bhel ( Mumbai Roadside Recipes )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 62 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 80399 times
Geela bhel, kurmura (puffed rice) is combined deftly with a mélange of spices, veggies and chutneys in a paper cone and then topped with a fresh squeeze of lemon juice, masala, coriander, sev and papdi. The papdi acts as an edible spoon, which can be gobbled up as a crunchy finale!
- Combine all the ingredients, add ½ cup of water and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste. Use as required or store in an air-tight container in deep-freezer.
- Combine the cumin seeds, peppercorns and cloves and blend in a mixer to a fine powder.
- Transfer to a bowl, add the salt and black salt and mix well. Use as required or store in an air-tight bottle.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Place equal portions of bhel on 4 plates and garnish each plate with 2 tbsp of sev, 1 tsp of masala dal and 1 tsp of coriander. Serve immediately with papdis.
- Masala dal is readily available at most provision stores or can be made at home. Soak the chana dal for at least 4 to 5 hours, drain, deep-fry in hot oil and toss in a mixture of salt, chilli powder and black salt. It is added to increase the flavour and add crunch to chaats.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.