Gavar Pumpkin Vegetable ( Nutritious Recipe For Pregnancy)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 16 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16699 times
Cluster beans, which have the highest fibre content of all vegetables, are not on everyone's list of favorites unfortunately! here they are cooked in an unusual spicy-sweet red pumpkin gravy that will get your taste buds tingling.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds. When the seeds crackle, add the ajwain and asafoetida.
- Add the cluster beans, pumpkin, chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Add the coriander-cumin seed powder, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or till the cluster beans are cooked.
- Mash the pumpkin to make a gravy and serve hot, garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 35 cal|
|Protein|| 2.5 gm|
|CHO|| 8.3 gm|
|Fat|| 1.5 gm|
|Fibre|| 2.1 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.