Garlicky Chick Pea, Potato and Soya Tikki
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 100 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 42584 times
Anybody is game to feast on tikkis at just about any hour of the day! Such is the appetizing power of this aromatic and tasty snack. If you thought plain potato tikkis are toothsome enough, you will just go ga-ga over this enhanced version that includes white chickpeas, soya granules and garlic paste as some of the key ingredients along with flavourful additions like mint leaves and onions too. A dash of lemon juice, though small in quantity, is essential to boost the flavours of the other ingredients used in the Garlicky Chick Pea, Potato and Soya Tikki.
- Combine the plain flour and ¾ cup of water in a deep bowl and whisk well till no lumps remain. Keep aside.
- Combine the soya granules and enough hot water in a deep bowl and soak for 10 minutes. Drain and squeeze all the water.
- Combine the kabuli chana, soya granules and mint leaves and blend in a mixer to a coarse mixture without using any water.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 10 equal portions and roll each portion into a 50 mm. (2”) diameter round tikki.
- Dip each tikki in the maida-water mixture and roll in the bread crumbs till they are evenly coated from all the sides.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry, a few tikkis at a time, till it turns golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and serve immediately with green chutney.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.