Garlic Tomato Chutney
by Tarla Dalal
2/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 44 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 30078 times
Wonder ingredient garlic contains 'allicin' which combines with vitamin B1 (thiamine) to activate the function of the pancreas and promote insulin secretion. While garlic is effective in the prevention or cure of diabetes, tomatoes provide adequate vitamin A (74.1 mcg per tbsp). 1 tablespoon of this chutney is enough to add interest to Kadai or Karela Tikkis.
- Drain the soaked chillies and chop them finely. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the spring onion whites and garlic and sauté over a slow flame for 4 to 5 minutes till they are lightly brown.
- Add the chillies and salt and sauté again.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for 10 to 12 minutes over a slow flame till the tomatoes are soft and can be mashed lightly.
- Cool completely and add the spring onion greens and coriander and mix well.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- Store refrigerated in an air-tight container and use as required.
Nutrient values per tablespoon
| 9 cal|| 0.2 gm|| 0.9 gm|| 0.5 gm|| 74.1 mcg|| 0.3 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.