Garlic Roti, Lehsun Roti
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 66 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 70474 times
Whether a simple unleavened Chapati or a spongy leavened bread, garlic is always a great value-add. Here, we have made a delicious roti of multiple flours like wheat, jowar and bajra, fortified with oats, and flavoured with fresh green garlic and spice powders.
The green garlic gives the Garlic Roti a really tantalizing aroma and flavour, while the use of multiple flours gives you loads of iron and fibre, which help maintain your haemoglobin levels and to reduce your weight after Pregnancy .
Cook these Rotis on a non-stick Tava to minimize the usage of oil and further reduce the calorie count.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough warm water.
- Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion of the dough into a 125 mm. (5") diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each roti, using ¼ tsp of oil, till brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values Per roti
|Energy|| 96 calories|
|Protein|| 2.8 gm|
|Fat|| 2.1 gm|
|Fibre|| 1.6 gm|
|Iron|| 1.2 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.