Gajar ka Halwa ( Quick Gajar Halwa Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 339 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 474111 times
Instead of using khoya, I have cooked the carrots in milk, to bring about the same creamy taste and texture, yet save on the time taken to make the khoya.
Voila, Gajar ka Halwa is ready in minutes.
- Heat the ghee in a pressure cooker; add the carrots and sauté on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the milk, mix well and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Transfer into a broad non-stick pan, add the sugar, mix well and cook on a high flame for 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the mava, mix well and cook for more 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the raisins, almonds and cardamom powder and cook for another 1 minute.
- Serve hot or warm.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.