Gado Gado Salad
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 36 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19774 times
Time to make a culinary trip to Indonesia, with this scrumptious Gado Gado Salad! Loaded with colourful and juicy veggies, dressed in a unique peanut sauce that combines nutty, sweet and tangy flavours, this delectable salad is a super-tasty antioxidant booster!
Vitamin A from broccoli, Vitamin C from cabbage and folic acid from tomatoes strengthen your immune system, to keep you fit as a fiddle!
Pair it with Lemony Apple Juice and Healthy Bean Quesadilla for a delicious meal.
- Combine the peanuts, tamarind pulp and chilli powder in a mixer and blend to a smooth paste using approx. 5 tbsp of water. Keep aside.
- Heat a broad non-stick pan and when hot, add the onions and dry roast on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the peanut paste, salt and 1 cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Switch off the flame, add the honey and mix well. Keep aside.
- Combine all the vegetables, little salt and pepper in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Divide the salad into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the peanut sauce into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Just before serving, place a portion of the salad on a serving plate and pour a portion of the peanut sauce evenly over it.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 89 kcal|
|Protein|| 3.6 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 8.6 gm|
|Invisible Fat|| 4.6 gm|
|Fibre|| 2.5 gm|
|Folic Acid|| 16.0 mcg|
|Vitamin A|| 304.3 mcg|
|Vitamin C|| 18.6 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.