by Tarla Dalal
3/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 89 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22897 times
A variation of rice phirni. Poha is a rich source of iron. Adding fruits provides nutrients as well fibre to your diet and makes the phirni colourful and interesting.
- Roast the poha in a non-stick pan till crisp. Do not allow to discolour.
- Remove from flame, cool and grind it coarsely. Keep aside.
- Boil the milk in another non-stick pan and add the poha while stirring continuously.
- Simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the cornflour, simmer for another 2 to 3 minutes and remove from flame.
- Keep refrigerated for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, divide the fruits and phirni into 4 equal portions.
- Place the fruits into 4 individual bowls and top with a serving of the phirni.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.