Fruit and Jelly Cake
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 130 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19815 times
A delicious, colourful, three-layer pudding. Can be prepared a day ahead.
- Drain the syrup from the pineapple can and keep aside.
- Dissolve the jelly in 2 teacups of boiling water.
- Cool a little and add 1 teacup of the pineapple syrup.
- Rinse a mould - size 250 mm. x 125 mm. or 200 mm.x 200 mm. (10"x5" or 8"x 8") - with cold water.
- Pour half the jelly into the mould arrange the pineapple slices and put to set in the refrigeratior.
- Mix the custard powder in 1/2 teacup of cold milk. Boil the rest of the milk with the sugar. When the milk starts boiling,add the custard powder, cook for 1 minute and cool.
- Beat the cream and powdered sugar.
- Mix the cream, custard and vanilla essence and spread this mixture over the set jelly. Put to set again in the refrigerator for 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle the crushed Marie biscuits over the custard and immediately. Pour the rest of the jelly.
- Put to set again in the refrigerator.
- When set, dip the mould in hot water for a few seconds and turn upside down on a plate.
- Cut into pieces and serve.
- This pudding sets faster if you set in the freezer compartment of a refrigerator.
- Once set, do not forget to remove from the freezer compartment to the lower shelf of the refrigerator; otherwise, the pudding will be very hard.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.