Fried Jacket Potatoes with Cream Cheese Topping
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 16 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11089 times
Rich and exotic, the Fried Jacket Potatoes with Cream Cheese Topping will amaze your guests and spread your fame as a great cook!
The best part is that the dish is not as difficult to prepare although the outcome is so fabulous. Parboiled potatoes are deep-fried and their scooped-out centres are packed with a mouth-watering mixture of cream cheese and veggies seasoned with herbs and spices.
The capsicum, carrots and spring onions add a splash of colours to this dish, giving it a very appealing look that will make everyone taste a piece. Make sure you do not overcook the potatoes as that will make it difficult to fry and scoop out.
Try other jacket potato recipes like Greek Style Potatoes and Cheesy Corn Stuffed Jacket Potatoes .
- Cut each parboiled potato into 2 halves vertically with help of a sharp knife.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, deep-fry the potatoes till they turn brown in colour. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Scoop the centre of each potato half a little, using a spoon so that a light depression is formed for the topping. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper powder over them. Keep aside.
- Divide the cream cheese topping into 8 equal portions.
- Fill each deep-fried potato case with the prepared cream cheese filling.
- Serve immediately garnished with spring onion greens.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||149 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0 mg|
|Vitamin C||4.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||2.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.