Fried Capsicum in Schezuan Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 204 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14164 times
Crunchy and tasty to the core, Fried Capsicum in Schezuan Sauce is a brilliant creation, which you can serve as a starter or an accompaniment to the Main Course .
It features batter-coated and deep-fried strips of capsicum, tossed with scrumptious ingredients like spring onions, ginger and green chillies, not to forget the Schezuan sauce, which gives it the characteristic Oriental touch. Enjoy this exciting dish fresh and hot to relish its amazing texture.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai, dip a few capsicum strips at a time in the prepared batter and deep-fry on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic, ginger and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the spring onion whites, greens and schezuan sauce and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the fried capsicum and a little salt, toss gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Serve immediately garnished with spring onion greens.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.