Fresh Pineapple Katli
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 271 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20733 times
Fresh fruit barfi cooked with cashewnuts in a light sugar syrup.
- Combine the pineapple puree and sugar in a pan and cook on a very slow flame till the sugar has dissolved while stirring continuously.
- Add the cashewnuts, cardamom powder and saffron. Continue cooking till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan, while stirring continuously. This will take approximately 5 to 7 minutes. If the katli is very sticky, cook for a further 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour the mixture onto a greased surface. Roll out into a 100 mm. x 100 mm. (4" x 4") square.
- Decorate with the slivered pistachios and cut into 25 mm. x 25 mm. (1" x 1") squares. Allow it to cool completely.
- To get pineapple puree, cook 1/2 cup finely chopped pineapple with 3 tablespoons of water for about 5 minutes and then puree in a food processor.
- VARIATION : FRESH SITAPHAL KATLI
- Use 1/2 cup cooked custard apple (deseeded) instead of the pineapple for the above recipe.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.