Fresh Pasta Dough
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 31 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10941 times
This is a basic recipe to make lasagne and cannelloni sheets, tortellini, ravioli, fettuccine or tagliatelle. You can make a plain pasta dough or flavour it with herbs or vegetable purée to get a herb pasta or spinach pasta. The prepared pasta dough must be kneaded very well to make the rolling of pasta simpler. The firmer the dough is, the better the pasta will be. The pasta dough can be used and cooked as soon as it is made or wrapped in plastic film and refrigerated for upto 2 days.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a very firm but smooth dough using very little water.
- Rest the dough under a wet muslin cloth for 15 minutes and use as required.
- Whole Wheat Pasta Dough
- Use 1/2 cup plain flour (maida) and 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta) instead of 1 cup plain flour.
- Vegetable Pasta Dough
- Add 2 tablespoons of either tomato, carrot, spinach or beetroot purée to the fresh pasta recipe. You may not require water whilst kneading the dough.
- Flavoured Pasta Dough
- Flavour fresh pasta dough by adding any of the following ingredients to the above recipe: -
- 1 tablespoon mixed herbs (parsley, thyme, oregano, chilli flakes)
- 1 tablespoon crushed peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 8 to 10 saffron strands, rubbed in 1 tablespoon of warm milk.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.