Fresh Corn Enchiladas
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 59 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15643 times
An adaptation of the famous Mexican dish, here the tortillas are roasted and stuffed with corn and cottage cheese, topped with Mexican tomato sauce and finally baked to make a delicious meal that will make you the most popular host/hostess.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions and sauté till they turn translucent. Add the green chillies and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the tomatoes, chilli powder, oregano, sugar and salt. Mix well and cook for 5 minutes. Keep aside.
- Pour 1/3 of the Mexican tomato sauce at the bottom of a greased baking dish.
- Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions.
- Place 1 portion of stuffing on each tortilla and roll up tightly.
- Arrange each tortilla in the baking dish with the seam facing downwards. Moisten the tops of the tortillas evenly with the remaining Mexican tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the enchiladas and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C (400°F) for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.