French Style Baked Pancakes in Spinach and Tomato Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 225 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18790 times
When you are in the mood to have something exotic for breakfast, try the French Style Baked Pancakes in Spinach and Tomato Sauce. This exotic creation can be served as part of lunch or dinner, or as a snack too.
Here, pancakes are rolled up with a tasty spinach stuffing and some homemade tomato sauce. The stuffed pancakes are then dunked in more of the tasty tomato sauce, garnished with cheese and baked, to get a fabulous dish with a unique texture and memorable flavour. Enjoy it right off the oven!
- Combine the plain flour, cornflour, milk, salt and ¼ cup of water in a deep bowl, mix very well until no lumps remain.
- Grease a 125 mm. (5") diameter non-stick pan with butter.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter, tilt the pan around quickly so that the batter coats the pan evenly.
- When the sides starts to peel off, turn the pancake around and cook the other side for 30 seconds using a little butter.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 to make 6 more pancakes. Keep aside.
- Boil enough water in a deep non-stick pan, add the spinach and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan add the onions and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the blanched spinach, fresh cream, cheese, milk, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Divide the palak stuffing into 7 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Place a pancake on a clean, dry surface, place a portion of the palak stuffing at one end, put approx. 2 tsp of tomato sauce evenly over it and roll it up tightly.
- Repeat step 2 to stuff 6 more pancakes. Keep aside.
- Put ¼ cup of tomato sauce in a glass baking dish and spread it evenly, place the 7 stuffed pancakes over it, spread the remaining tomato sauce evenly over it.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||2740.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B3||2 mg|
|Vitamin C||43.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||110.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.