by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 246 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10031 times
The delicate flavour of buttered rice goes very well with spinach and tomato sauce.
- Heat the butter and add the rice, milk and salt. Keep the rice warm.
- Heat the butter and fry the onion for 1/2 minute. Add the spinach, green chilli and salt and cook for 1 minute. Drain.
- Cook the tomatoes and onion in hot water until soft. Blend in a liquidiser.
- Add the chilli powder, oregano, sugar and salt and boil for a few minutes.
- Add the cream.
- Spread the rice in a greased baking dish.
- Next, spread the spinach and then spread the tomato gravy.
- Cover with the cheese and bake in a hot oven at 230 degree C (450 degree F) for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- If you do not like the taste of spinach, use mixed boiled vegetables instead.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.