French Casserole ( Zero Oil Dal and Chawal Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 58 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15368 times
Casseroles have a special appeal, any day! Spinach is rich in vitamin A and tomatoes in folic acid. Together they make a healthy treat for your skin and eyes.
This casserole is also a visual treat for the eyes. It looks colourful and appetizing. Before serving it ensure that you bake it for a few minutes. Also ensure that you do not overcook the spinach else it turns dark green in colour.
- Heat a non-stick pan on a medium flame and when hot, add the onions and dry roast for about 30 seconds.
- Add the spinach, green chillies and salt and cook on a high flame till all the water dries up. Keep aside.
- Combine the tomatoes, onions and 1 cup of water in a pan and cook on a medium flame until soft. Cool and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a pan, add the chilli powder, oregano, sugar and salt and cook for a few minutes on a low flame.
- Add the cream, mix well and simmer for 2 to 3 more minutes. Keep aside.
- Spread the milk rice in a glass baking dish in an even layer.
- Spread the spinach and then the tomato gravy over the milk rice layer.
- Cover with an aluminium foil and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes or microwave for 2 minutes. Ensure you do not use aluminium foil while microwaving, as it may cause a spark. Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 249 kcal|
|Protein|| 7.4 gm|
|Carbohydrate|| 52.8 gm|
|Invisible Fat|| 0.8 gm|
|Vitamin A|| 3194.9 mcg|
|Folic Acid|| 85.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.