French Apple Tart
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 66 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11377 times
This different and juicy apple tart just tastes yummy.
- Mix the flour, salt and sugar and sieve. Rub in a butter and enough water and make a soft dough.
- Mix the powdered nuts thoroughly in the dough.
- Roll out the dough to suit a 225 mm. (9") diameter tray. Prick with a fork all over.
- Put a baking tray on the gas with the butter and granulated sugar. When the sugar turns brown in colour, switch of the gas and allow it to cool a little.
- Spread the apple slices on the tray and sprinkle the lemon juice and powdered sugar.
- Place the rolled pastry dough over the apple slices and brush with a little milk. Bake in a moderate oven at 190 degree C (375 degree F) for 20 to 25 minutes. Turn it upside down.
- Serve with vanilla ice-cream or fresh cream.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.