Four Cheese Pizza
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 254 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 32377 times
For Italians, a pizza is an extension of bread. Pizza in some form has always been present throughout most of Italian history and every region has its own favourite recipe. Whole wheat pizza topped with sautéed leeks and four cheese flavours is a classic recipe. You can use any variety of cheese you like. An array of flavoured cheeses is available at gourmet stores like herb-flavoured cheese, paprika cheese, pepper cheese, garlic cheese. These can be made at home by mixing the desired flavouring ingredients like pepper, garlic etc. with mozzarella or cooking cheese. Flavoured cheese spreads can also be used.
- Heat the butter in a pan.
- Add the leeks, garlic, nutmeg and salt and stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes. Keep aside.
- Place one pizza base on a greased baking tray.
- Spread half the pizza sauce and half the topping on it.
- Divide each of the cheeses into 2 equal portions and place them on the pizza in such a way that each type of cheese occupies one quarter of the pizza.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C (400°F) for 15 to 20 minutes or till the base is evenly browned.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make another pizza.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.