by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 206 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 37703 times
Tortillas are at the heart of Mexican cuisine. With many an interesting filling, you can turn these Flour Tortillas into satiating and lip-smacking snacks that can even replace a meal. Here, we have used a wholesome combination of whole wheat flour and plain flour to make these Flour Tortillas. You can even make a large batch of these when you find time and store them in the freezer for quick use on a hurried day.
- Combine the flours, oil and salt in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Cover and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 14 equal portions and roll each portion into a 200 mm. (8”) diameter circle using a little plain flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook each roti till light brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Use as required.
- You can store the tortillas by keeping them in an air-tight container and freeze it.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.